Here’s what happened today in European Tech.
– Danish-British log management software company Humio has been acquired by cybersecurity firm Crowdstrike for a total of around $400 million.
– Earlybird Digital East Fund — a fund associated with Germany’s Earlybird VC, but operating separately — has launched a €200 million successor fund.
– Swiss digital asset bank Sygnum has scored an eight-figure dollar investment from a unit of Japanese financial behemoth SBI Holdings.
– Grip, a London, UK-based market engagement platform, raised $13 million in Series A funding.
– Cambridge GaN Devices, a University of Cambridge spinout that replaces silicon in transistors with a more energy-efficient material has raised $9.5 million in a Series A funding round.
– Israel polymer 3D printing solutions company Stratasys has acquired UK-based RP Support (RPS), which provides industrial stereo-lithography 3D printers and solutions.
– We also tracked a large number of (other) European tech funding rounds and M&A transactions, all of which we are putting in a handy list for you on Friday afternoon in our weekly roundup newsletter (note: the full list is for paying customers only). Also check out our European tech news section for ongoing coverage.
– Lithuania has banned a Chinese tech firm on security grounds, while Estonia warned the EU on the dangers of both Chinese and Russian espionage.
– Banking challenger Revolut has made several changes to its trading business, including an increase in custody fees and a reduction in the number of free trades it offers users.
– London-headquartered recurring payments giant GoCardless is to create around 300 jobs.
– The Spanish government will publish in “the coming weeks” a detailed roadmap to position the country as Europe’s biggest multimedia “hub”, said economic and digital transformation minister Nadia Calviño.
Today’s Top Tweets
Great fun discussing all things Growth with @anitamoorthy this morning – looking forward to learning from this scarily impressive collection of experts (pressure was on!) when the podcast series comes out in a few weeks. https://t.co/buOm84uDVw
— Andy Young (@andyy) February 18, 2021
Instead of competing for an imaginary crown, what if cities join forces to seek startup excellence?
— Dealroom.co (@dealroomco) February 18, 2021
It was a pleasure to write this interview with @csertoglu, who’s team has for years doggedly unpacked the raw tech talent in Turkey & CEE, quietly building a powerhouse VC fund and enabling founders (Peak Games, Trendyol etc) to succeed in the region. https://t.co/DGzPQcMqWv
— Mike Butcher (@mikebutcher) February 18, 2021
EA says it's completed its $1.2 billion acquisition of British racing game developer Codemasters. https://t.co/U66kvR5IYk
— Ryan Browne (@Ryan_Browne_) February 18, 2021
Viewpoint from @JohannaLehne and @EleonoraNMoro from @E3G: It’s time to put a greater focus on climate research. #HorizonEurope must support research and scale-up to ensure Europe can lead in clean technologies.
— Science|Business (@scibus) February 18, 2021
The team at https://t.co/rywdhxoMcC are building a TaxOS for the fastest growing companies in the world!
We're excited to join them alongside our friends at Cavalry Ventures, @mustardseedmaze & Amaranthine
Read about their plans for the future https://t.co/MoP4CIFQLQ
— seedcamp (@seedcamp) February 18, 2021
— Chris O'Brien (@obrien) February 18, 2021
— UNIT.City (@unit__city) February 18, 2021
— Inflow – ADHD (@get_inflow) February 18, 2021
The Parliament's internal market committee aims for a committee vote on both the Digital Services Act and the Digital Markets Act in November, according to a draft timetable. https://t.co/hSDmhV0VP6
— Laura Kayali (@LauKaya) February 18, 2021
— Simon Hodgkins (@simonhodgkins) February 18, 2021
Today we're introducing you to 10 Spanish startups to watch in 2021 and beyond! https://t.co/6t0ftHIilY
— Thomas Ohr (@Thomas_Ohr) February 16, 2021
@UKTNofficial EXCLUSIVE: How modern-day #payments bank @BankingCircle is revolutionising #fintech space. @BankingCircle CEO and co-founder @Anders_la_Cour shares all regarding future plans for 2021, business model and more!https://t.co/1GYKWLXAc6#Sponsored #UKtech
— UKTN (UK Tech News) (@UKTNofficial) February 18, 2021
The EIT Digital Venture Program 2021 launches today, providing coaching & financial support to tech entrepreneurs in ! Launch your #deeptech startup with EIT Digital partners! https://t.co/4u6xLAUcyp pic.twitter.com/2NHMHNdlUk
— EIT Digital (@EIT_Digital) February 18, 2021
— Nicolas Colin (@Nicolas_Colin) February 18, 2021
Hey, how much do you know about #DESIeu?
Check out this video & discover the answer!
— DigitalSingleMarket (@DSMeu) February 18, 2021
For insect farmers like Antoine Hubert, 2021 isn’t the Year of the Ox — it’s the year of the mealworm.
— Michael Stothard (@MStothard) February 18, 2021
Tell us what you think about this daily roundup and how we can improve it!
And follow us on Twitter of course.
Originally published on Tech.eu : Original article